BELLEVUE YOUTH BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION ("BYBA")
The BYBA is a youth basketball program for boys living within the Bellevue High School district. Provided we have enough qualified players, we will have two teams at each level from 4th through 8th grade. This is a select program with tryouts in late September for a season that runs from December through the beginning of March.
BYBA is a competitive level of play for boys with basketball experience. Players are expected to have a good understanding of the game comensurate with their skill level.
Our mission is to provide a high quality basketball experience for 4th through 8th grade boys that:
- Promotes great sportsmanship and teamwork;
- Focuses on further developing kids fundamental basketball skills;
- Affords all kids ample and fair opportunities to play and succeed;
- Rewards great attitudes not just great athletic performances;
- Enables kids to play in competitive leagues and tournaments.
The teams wear the Bellevue H.S. colors. The Blue Teams from each grade level play in the Eastside Travel League (http://www.eteamz.com/etl), and the Gold teams play in the Mercer Island PEAK league. They also play in local tournaments throughout the season. The teams are coached by paid coaches, none of which are parents of players.
Participation in the BYBA program requires a non-refundable program fee of $750 per player. BYBA is a non-profit organization, and these funds are needed to pay for gym space, tournament fees, coaches salaries, etc.